Sunday, 20 October 2013

Life's little conundrum

If my happiness is reliant on me and what I do to ensure it, then I am the one who needs to set the expectations bar at a level that doesn't allow me to experience unhappiness. But surely if I realize that every situation that if face whereby happiness is the result, and I understand that I am the reason for it...... then don't I realize deep down that no one is making me happy... Actually? "I'm" the one making me happy? That realization itself, unfortunately can't be tied to happiness.... Sensibly so... So then why test people, just to see if they'll disappoint? They will! And that makes one unhappy. So in theory by doing that, I've screwed up the systematics of what brings about 'said' happiness.

So life's quotes and meanings, and in turn- theories- on how to acquire happiness lie in the fact that we make it happen ourselves and don't depend on others for it. So testing people and falling out as a result is actually the WRONG way, as it's quite evident that it doesn't work. If I do as I do... I will be happy and not know any better who is behind the reason for it..... But if I test people by expecting a lot of them, I can be certain of unhappiness. So perhaps the former is the better route, albeit it the easy route.....

No comments:

Post a Comment