Monday, 10 March 2014

Shopping antics

So as things go, we don't have much time to shop... or at least I don't seem to find the time to.. unless of course I'm having to shop for someone else, in which case I make a concerted effort at browsing for myself as well... Generally I find myself in places like Musica, or exclusive books before any clothing stores, and I think I have come to know why that is..

When I walk into exclusive books or musica I know EXACTLY what I want - so it's a safe haven due to it being my favourite stuff in the world - music and books.. I know that should I find the right thing - I'm going to walk out with it... But if I don't see anything - as I don't want everything, I can walk out quite unphased. However............ when I walk into a clothing store I want just about................ everything. So I tend to steer clear of these unless I've made a solid commitment to a clothing shopping day. Haha. There is no browsing when I walk in these shops - I walk in and pick up a million things (and that's even before underwear and PJ section - which I could also just buy everything of). So I either walk out with nothing or everything - both having their non-ideal results.....

So the other day when in Musica, I was looking for a DVD for my dad and as a last thought before leaving the store,walked over to the Vinyl section (necessary habit) and saw Alanis' "Jagged little pill' - well you know when you grab something and look left and right and clasp it to your chest (ok maybe you don't) but when it feels like you've just found Gold and you're afraid someone might come and take it from you. Well that was me... in musica.. with my jagged little pill vinyl firmly clutched... hahaha.. It's still in the plastic, albeit on the shelf with the others... waiting on the right day for opening..

Classics are classic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment