I think in life we try so hard to follow our hearts with guided assistance of the mind... and although this method is implored on us..... I'm starting to see the holes in it. We're not meant to change who we are deep inside... the hopeless romantic shouldn't have to become a cynic of true love, the dreamer shouldn't have to come back down to earth if he enjoys dreaming. But life for some reason, and the people we believe in the most, often tends to gently hack away at what we believe in with all it's tests and obstacles.
Sometimes you feel like you've been through so many tests............. you've endured........... you've grown.......... you've fought tooth and nail........ and picked up some scars along the way......... and yet as close to finish line as you are, it's like someone somewhere is laughing in the background saying "fooled you"
I guess we only make fools of ourselves when we allow ourselves to run a race that can't be won.
No comments:
Post a Comment