Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Life is hard and then you die.

I haven't written in a while.... and it's obvious why, when I think about it. We only get creative through feelings of pain, chaos or confusion. Not that I am ever entirely free of these things, but there's an acceptable norm that comes with life.... and then there are the parts that shouldn't be acceptable at all, really....

If I had to be told I had 5 years left to live............ what would go through my mind... Would I be happy with where I am ? Would I feel that I've done the right thing by everyone I care about? But more importantly done right by "me"?

The point is... we don't get told. We just live each day hoping that we are part of the norm (live a long life, leave this earth when we're old and tired) But nobody knows what's in store. So how do we please everyone and please ourselves at the same time? Or do we just choose one person who, when you're pleasing them, you're pleasing yourself and visa versa, as it is that way for them as well. I guess then you've got it right. How difficult is this though...  I guess that's why there are so many lonely hearts in the world.

It's not fair that people hurt other people, it's not fair that people die young, it's not fair that the ones who are still around are not living their lives right and the ones who were - die. It's not always the case. But a lot of the time it is.. Sometimes I believe that the deaths that are the most shocking to accept are the lessons for the living. It hurts and affects us when the people who are meant to go, go. How terrible that we need to constantly be taught the lesson that life is short...we aren't chasing our dreams or making the most of what we're meant to.

We all have choices........... how much we choose to accept, how much we choose to ignore..... how much we choose to let in...... what we choose to do, say and feel.

RIP Peter Laz. Taken too soon................

No comments:

Post a Comment