Thursday, 18 August 2011

Not such a good idea.

What happens when you decide to do something coz it seems like a good idea at the time? Failure.. usually. Or regret. What happens when you have no trolley and think that carrying a million, 20kg items in your arms to the counter of a shop you don't frequent is a good idea? You have to stop twice on the way there to avoid slicing your hands open from paper ream binding plasticy thingies.. Finally, whilst trying to attempt the very long walk to the car in excruciating pain, all I can think about is.. 'how could I have done this better?', coz i am overheating, (wearing warm clothes on the hottest day in the world - ever) my arms are sore, my hands are being sliced into and I am walking toward the escalator with no free hands as though the motion of actually getting on is going to happen flawlessly..... Well, no, one foot on one step and realising I'd like to try and get my balance now doesn't exactly work when the escalator doesn't quite give a shit that you didn't think this one through... and as it's accustomed to do - it keeps going...sending more stairs at me and almost having me do the splits.. I eventually get it right, in 5 seconds - no thanks to any help other than my own adrenalin rushing to the rescue. All the while I'm the token white in the centre... What an experience. So I should've really just got into my car after seeing the client and gone to the trusty spar to get my shit, coz at least there I can wheel my trolley to my effing car. Sometimes routine makes sense and grocery shopping spontaneity is not the type of spontaneity anyone needs in their lives. Stupid escalators.

No comments:

Post a Comment