Anyway, Team Automax came 19th overall out of 29 mixed teams. We need to sort that out... haha... But it was good fun and cool part is we actually got along well - team vibes and all... and they've asked me to do the others with them. We finished 21km in 2:00 :) I did my best time in a 4.2km, which is cool coz I got to gauge the pace I can do for corporate ironman, though I'll be slower obviously, but I know what I am capable of doing without other stuff before it. Going to try run 4.2km hard every opportunity I get - in theory I should start to improve my times.. Well the last 2 runs now have proven to be more comfortable that previous ones, so here's hoping after a 18km cycle - I'll be ok... But yeah, enjoying taking part in events... Having fun whilst getting fit.. that's all :)
Friday, 8 March 2013
Night Relay
The last time I ran in a relay race, I must have been in high school at some compulsory athletics day.... Well last night I was asked to fill in, in running the 3rd of 5 legs totaling a distance of 21km across the team. That team being Automax. I was hesitant due to being reasonably fit at the moment but unsure of my running fitness in general, but obliged anyway. Why not, when sporting activities are fun - they should never be missed. Training as we all know can be boring, but events are exciting man... so despite knowing how I'd fair and also how amazing or not my team was, I just thought the distance was fine, so there was no way I could bomb out. I would literally sprint and kill myself, or run a little faster and just enjoy the sweat :) About 50 teams or so entered. Gamble pharmacy had a current Olympian runner. WTF? Needless to say their team won overall and of course first in the Mens Running division with a time of 1:04:56 for 21km.. You know what that is right?........... It's childish... hahaaha! Their average pace was 3mins/km. Insane. On the right - this is the dude, he did 4.2km in 11 minutes:
Anyway, Team Automax came 19th overall out of 29 mixed teams. We need to sort that out... haha... But it was good fun and cool part is we actually got along well - team vibes and all... and they've asked me to do the others with them. We finished 21km in 2:00 :) I did my best time in a 4.2km, which is cool coz I got to gauge the pace I can do for corporate ironman, though I'll be slower obviously, but I know what I am capable of doing without other stuff before it. Going to try run 4.2km hard every opportunity I get - in theory I should start to improve my times.. Well the last 2 runs now have proven to be more comfortable that previous ones, so here's hoping after a 18km cycle - I'll be ok... But yeah, enjoying taking part in events... Having fun whilst getting fit.. that's all :)
Anyway, Team Automax came 19th overall out of 29 mixed teams. We need to sort that out... haha... But it was good fun and cool part is we actually got along well - team vibes and all... and they've asked me to do the others with them. We finished 21km in 2:00 :) I did my best time in a 4.2km, which is cool coz I got to gauge the pace I can do for corporate ironman, though I'll be slower obviously, but I know what I am capable of doing without other stuff before it. Going to try run 4.2km hard every opportunity I get - in theory I should start to improve my times.. Well the last 2 runs now have proven to be more comfortable that previous ones, so here's hoping after a 18km cycle - I'll be ok... But yeah, enjoying taking part in events... Having fun whilst getting fit.. that's all :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment