Tuesday, 30 July 2013

In the words of Buzz lightyear....

The world is a questionable place when the people in it would rather choose an easy path than the right path. It's also quite shit that for so long we have allowed ourselves to believe that being fake to save relationships with people is the 'nicer' thing to do than to get into all the reasons that that particular relationship is based on falsehoods. It's especially sad when we think we know people, only to realise at crunch time that we really don't.... But all that said, what's the point anyway... some people care too much, some care too little, some care enough and not - to allow the wishy washiness of people coming in and out of their lives. I was speaking to someone a couple of days ago and she was saying how she was so irritated with the way this one guy at the table that she's known forever kept on chirping her for the same thing as he has in the past, and yet, it all just gets laughed off, or she tells him off, but that's it.. No one wants to say "well that was great, thanks for the invite, pleasure as always, I'd hoped you were over your bullshit, but at the same time was also hoping you weren't so I could finally tell you what an asshole you are and that this was the last time I'd see you at one of your get togethers, I'm done, cheers" Hahahaha, could you imagine? I'd pay money to see scenarios like that unfold. But you know what happens afterwards... the whole table looks at the person walking out (you) and makes a funny face mouthing the words "coo coo" coz yes, you're totally the crazy one, haha. Who else? Never the guy at the table who is so intellectually challenged that repeating a joke year in and out is the only ammo he has to make himself appear fun and better than everyone else.... No ways, not that guy.

I was in a meeting today, like most days, and I can sit and talk in that meeting for ages on end.... because I'm dealing with "proper" people with proper opinions, they're cool, they get it...... and we get it...... and we discuss how we're going to make other people get it around us so that in the end we can keep growing the business.. and none of those people will give a shit when its unnecessary to, nor will they take it from anyone if it's not worth the time it takes from their day... Will they be fair...? will they be honest...? Always. Coz in the end... if you have to lie because it's easier and less confronting, how can anyone ever really know where the real you starts and ends? And that's the difference between getting it and not.......... if only everyone would. John Lennon did. Oh and someecards.com - hahahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment