Friday, 2 September 2011

Black September

It's not all fun and entertaining thoughts that go through my mind, in fact there are times that very serious issues will get to me and one of them - perhaps due to awareness - really makes me angry. I can't stand the fact that any animal needs to take abuse by the hand of what we like to think of as 'civilised' human beings. What pisses me off even more is the ignorance behind the abuse. The fact that people are hurting and inevitably killing Rhino for something that: 1) is not there's to fucking have, and 2) for no essential reason. Whether the poachers themselves believe in the reason behind the rhino horn is debatable, though I'm pretty sure they don't, its all about money for them. But the demand from the stupid Chinese medicine people is the reason the farming continues. So now, it seems that it is more profitable for the rhino horn myth to remain, so the South African Game farmers have jumped on the bandwagon. Nice. Really. Nice. So for the month of September I will have my black ribbon around my right side mirror in support of the poaching. Not that it's going to change a Goddamn thing, but at least I know I am one of many who are actively creating awareness and en masse perhaps a difference has the potential to be made.


Petition signing: http://wildernessfoundation.co.za/savetherhinos/

No comments:

Post a Comment