Monday, 26 September 2011

Over n Out

Feeling sad for two reasons: 1) Friday Night Lights came to a close for me last week, and I can honestly say that this series moved me to a point that it felt life-changing. If you haven't had the extreme fortune of witnessing this brilliant series from season 1 to finish, you might not understand or believe what it is I mean by life-changing. If this isn't enough to make you want to see for yourselves, well then you have missed out - I can tell you that much. Developed a love for Tim Riggins, he is the best 'character' I have come to know on TV in forever. In every way and every episode you can relate quite literally to the lives these people live and the things that are faced and how it develops as it gets further along. I guess that's why it captures the heart whilst watching it. 2) Entourage has one episode left of what I can confidently say is my favourite series of ALL time! While I am still - to this point - unsure of how it will go out, I am so eager to see what they have planned for the finale. This series is 100% completely defined by the cocky, vulgar and insanely funny character of Ari Gold. He is fucking brilliant! In no other tv show have I seen a role being played by someone that is sooooo spot on, from the looks he gives to the chirps to the mannerisms all round of Ari Gold. Insane. Unparalleled. Seriously. Anyway, watching this series has been an experience, and it is sad that the era of Entourage on my screen is coming to an end. Hopefully there are more captivating series out there to discover. Im not going to deny the fact that I love my TV time, but its not at the lack of having a million other non-technological hobbies. So that makes me ok with it. :) Ari Gold you are the man, I hope to see you in a series again in the future.

Ari Gold quotes:

Lloyd: Are you hiding something from me Ari?
Ari: Only my cock and my asshole Lloyd..

Mrs. Ari (doesn’t want Ari to pick up his phone during couples therapy): I ask for one hour of a day for his undevided attention, and I can’t even have that.
Ari: You could have it if you want to live in Agoura fucking Hills, and go to group therapy. But if you want a Beverly Hills mansion and you want a country club membership, and you want 9 weeks a year in a Tuscan villa, than I’m gonna need to take a call when it comes in at noon on a motherfucking wednesday.

Lloyd: Ari, you’re wearing the same suit as yesterday?
Ari: That’s because I spent the night in jail
Lloyd: OMG, Ari, why didn’t you call me?
Ari: Because you get one call and I wanted to use it on someone I like to have sex with.

(Ari is about to leave his kid's birthday party for business)
Mrs. Ari: Where are you going?
Ari: They flew in the liver, and I gotta do the transplant. Where do you think I'm going?

Ari: People, staff meeting has been cancelled. You all have one goal today: to get Vincent Chase’s brother, Johnny Chase, a job. Any job! I don’t care if it’s a porn shoot in which he is being gang raped by a gaggle of silverback apes, if there are cameras rolling, everybody wins. 10 grand for anyone that can deliver this to me, today.

Ari's Wife: What's in the bag?
Ari Gold: A kilo of blow. What's with all the fucking questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment