Thursday, 19 January 2012

Rose among the thorns

It's not every day that I am enchanted by something in the areas I work in from day to day. In fact, there is never a day where something will have me say 'woow' in these under resourced and very poverty stricken areas. I have switched off to the pollution, the broken roads, dilapidated 'housing' and looks I get from the people who fill the streets aimlessly in the areas of mention. It's far easier and safer to not appear out of place.... this is why my GPS is vital.. (My co-ords are known to have been shit at times - or maybe the fact that I never wore my contact lenses so consequently couldn't read the road signs til i was passing it :/) I have heard a lot about and seen photo's of the Red Location in New Brighton and did some research into it to see what it was all about. But upon the topic coming up with one of my Dr's in the nearby area, and then further - the recommendation of going to at least take a look, I couldn't resist the urge... was it possible that something of this distinction could be hiding at the end of a street I frequent? Where up until now all I have known is desperation and devastation? I would soon see......








Not all is a pretty sight.... But Red Location is a good depiction of how no matter how dark something may seem, somewhere there is always a little light to inspire...

No comments:

Post a Comment