Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Luxury of light

Ever imagined what it might be like to finish after a long day at work and go home to no light other than natural light, no heat other than the clothes on your back and how ever many blankets you may have, hot water to make a hot drink to warm you up or shower? Well this sounds quite familiar of the lifestyle of a vagrant... and day 3 of mine... yup, no electricity for 3 days now and counting. I have realised the definition of luxury and the importance of warmth in order to survive, because you can take TV and radio.. but warmth in these cold times.. motherfucker. I am close to my deathbed. Ok, well mildly exaggerated as per norm.. but you get the point.

Now this might be quite valiant if I were doing a charity outreach program or entertaining and informative - were this a fully operational documentary trying to allow others to envision the difference between how a suburban female might take to the fatal winter without any feelings in her hands and that of a rural somebody or other that has come to know his life this way. Well......... guess what? It aint a fucking documentary, and if it were for charity, I'd sure as hell like to be recognised for it, or at least get my name in small print somewhere noticed.

Not only do I not have a hot shower to get into, but I'm also sporting wild hairstyles, due to hair drying - au natural, and lets not even entertain the idea of hair straightening. :/ So I come to my office and enjoy the luxuries on heat, tea and light (and the internet) and am seriously contemplating camping out here tonight if there is no elec when the working day is over... Because I cannot take my contact lenses out in the dark one more night or stumble around by candlelight and potentially burn shit any longer... I'm a hazard like that. hahaha. Come on municipality get your shit together, I pay my rates and taxes, well minus the rates - it just sounds cooler when you say the whole thing... haha. Watch this space, if day 4 kicks in - the post might be a little less humorous. Though on the upside.... there's reason to light candles <3





No comments:

Post a Comment