Friday, 7 December 2012

Getting on track......

So I think I might get the chance to take my track beast to, erm....................... the track, hahaha. There's a gymkhana on Sunday at scribante and although I am in no way ready yet for that, I have desperately been keen to see how my car goes on that which it was built and designed for. Track. So I'll just be taking it for what I hope to be a few laps after the gymkhana is over. Type-R - racetrack model....Though I had no idea that was the case upon purchasing it, because like all things I buy, I go looks before practicality. Because a lot of things can do the same thing, but the pretty ones look pretty while they're doing them... Like a see-through whistling kettle or heart shaped joie de voir chopping board..... these things look pretty while being identical in function. Wellllll, ok, not always identical per se, some things are pricey because they genuinely do toast your toast better and cut your steaks better bla di bla bla.. you can see where my other funds like to wonder, or at least would LOVE to wonder.... But back to my car, haha.... I didn't realise it was purely track built.. Yes it's not your average daily, I get that, and knew that, but the mere fact that I have something designed for a specific purpose and a place I tend to frequent.... it feels only sensible to go and test its capabilities. Aside from the fact that I love driving and speed, it's just the right thing to do. So on Sunday it will mark the date that I test it out.... gonna take it easy, coz I don't want to hurt this car before I dont want to hurt myself.... so you should know how careful I am wanting to be with it. But I have very trusty drivers at my disposal to help me feel comfortable and get confident behind the wheel of the s2k, because that is when I think the love affair will start to reach higher peaks.. Let's see.... keen, but very amateur. I am probably  going to be needing a helmet too haha. But again, one that looks awesome.. but in this case needs to be practical too. If I'm going to be on the track, I need to be safe................. so holding thumbs it's as fun and adrenalin pumping as I'm expecting...


No comments:

Post a Comment