Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Keen Fyxation

It's a special fixie and it's finally getting there..... I guess you could say this one is taking time... but in theory each new part and revamp thereof, has given it the deserved look and feel that it's intended to have in the end. I don't mind the time if when it's done I can say I wouldn't change a thing coz I waited to find the right parts etc, and made sure that I didn't sacrifice something coz I was in a hurry. So First was the Carlton track frame - gunmetal was the set colour from the point of inception, and so it was done, hahaha. Came out identical to the colour I wanted.... don't seem surprised - I was nervous at the fact that I was standing squinting outside the shop, with a coloured swatch in my hand and hoping it was how I envisioned it from before..... So yeah, all the same, I waited and it was perfect! Slight metallic shimmer to it, so it looks pretty sweet in the sunlight. Aerospoke arrived as raw carbon, and the moment I clicked 'buy' was one where I was kind of unsure of what I was doing... but didn't want to give up on it.. I wanted pink (hot pink), but right now, all that was being offered to me was something in the hope of becoming pink.... Not right, but potentially could be.. I didn't wanna give up on it that easily, so I thought, get it, and then figure it out when it arrives. Turns out painting and clear coating onto carbon fibre was possible and not too much of a mission either. So here we have it... The only 2 parts I have been sure of from the beginning - I have.... as for the rest, and the result... well let's see, some more looking around, some more time, and soon it'll be perfect. Got some parts laying around that I reckon will work, but holding onto them for now til I know for sure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment