Thursday, 21 April 2011

Easter's here

Apparently the busiest times on the road are during Easter time, a lot of family travel going on and with that being said, a good friend of mine has asked me to house-sit whilst they're away living it up in Cape Town. A few challenges are faced when this happens.. Firstly when you're packing up the necessities from your current residing location, aka HOME, you are forced to figure out what your creature comforts actually are. Things that you might find yourself freaking out about when you just sit down to relax in the 'stand-in' home and realise you didn't bring. Example: I look down at the table and  realise that I have left the remote control at home for the PS3, which I remembered to unplug and pack so as to entertain my media needs for the next 5 days. Yet, now there is no ways and means to press play after all the behind-the-tv configuration I just spent 10 minutes doing. Oh well, DVD, that'll work. And it did. Challenge number two, there is a 5-year old that lives here, her child, not some random kid :) Irrelevant. So morning time = breakfast time, which for me = cereal time. To give you an idea of what I eat, it's usually brown and high-fibre. So I open the giant cereal cupboard to be faced with five different coloured cereals.. Choc Pronutro, Fruitloops, Cheerios, some pink puffed stuff that looks like it contains the amount of nutrition that a piece of cardboard might...and frosties. I closed the cupboard, thought for a moment and then grabbed the choc pronutro. Oh well... I'm pretty sure I'll live. While all these adjustments are going on, there is a missing cat named Milo, (which went missing before I arrived I's like to add). But yeah, stories.. Aren't there always? So it's Thursday, but it's actually Friday, because we've hit Easter weekend. Not sure what all it will hold, but I will be running a lot, and having a good time with some cool people. Starting tonight at the Stagedoor, a place where the meals don't taste good coz they're cheap, they just taste damn good and it's just damn cheap. Watch this space, for a pic upload just to prove it. Yes, it is a religious holiday, but whoever commercialized it into a religious holiday that involves chocolate... i like you... Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment