Tuesday, 26 April 2011

A few things...

Easter weekend is officially done and there were a few things that I came to realise that I am over... Namely: Christian forwarded bbm's which state that if you don't forward on this message about God, you will inevitably be struck by lightening or end up in hell. I don't forward them, I get annoyed at the 0.1% chance that I am now potentially cursed, and then become more annoyed that I have people on my bbm whom I consider friends that would believe that crap! Then on facebook there is a link that states that a little girl is about to die if we don't get AB+ blood to her and 'please add this bbm pin and get in contact with her caregiver to donate'. I mean, are you JOKING with me? Worst part is that i recognised the name of the person who said she wants to help. So i put a few genetic facts behind the 'need' for that particular blood type and that fatal emergencies aren't handled via blackberry messenger to which I was shut down with a 'but what if it's NOT spam and she will die without our help? I closed that page then, before I said something I'm pretty sure I'd regret later. Personally I think social networking is slowly turning us into victims of living in a 'non-reality'. Seriously people, think before you speak, there are hundreds of 'friends' in your list that will judge you on what you say. And on a lighter note, I realised that the last car in the world I want now is a mini cooper, coz it feels like I currently reside in minicooperland. Seems there was a distinct date where all the coopers' retail value fell into a bracket of 'affordable' to the average joe salesman, and now there is an abundance of them on the road. So in theory, the majority of these people wanted to have a cool car (the ultimate homosapien need for status) and the coolest car that is now the same installment amount as an average VW polo on the market is the mini cooper. It is so cool, that even men are driving them..

No comments:

Post a Comment