Thursday, 28 April 2011

Where do I start?

So a trip to Umtata is never really one I look forward to, for obvious reasons. But today's trip really took the cake on things that can go wrong.... I don't really want to go into too much detail, and since I am warm and comfortable in the room at my bed and breakfast, thanks to an amaaazingly warm bath, I feel a little less agitated than i was earlier for the most part of the day. In short, it started off as the coldest day we have experienced this year so far and me having to get up and convince myself that work pays the bills, so I best face the day the way I had intended. The trip, well... Some people think that driving in the middle of the road whilst another person is trying to overtake them is somewhat smart... well it's not, leaves me wondering whether he made it home even, what with every car having to swerve for him so he could continue to drive all over the road.. I almost hit a goat. Yip, not sure who would have made it out after that, but a mountain pass and stray livestock - not a recipe for road safety. Either way I managed to pull myself together after that and exercise the last bit of patience I possessed to get me through the few towns (where jaywalking is encouraged and cars are mere obstacles) before ultimately reaching my greatly anticipated destination. I met my colleague for lunch - business lunches are generally covered by the company, and although not that hungry, I decided to have a burger - it was quite incredible to my surprise.. But when the bill read the amount that I did, I tried not to pass out, quick scan... ok, it seems that the lamb shank that mr (im hungry) ordered was R185. I almost died!! Hahaha @'I almost died' - personal joke. At this stage the only thing worse that could've happened was me being hijacked. Oh! I almost was.. but with my streetsmart savvy remembered not to open the door in that particular situation, so chose to ignore him and drive away before anything happened that might result in this blog not actually making it to publish.. All in a day, and even though today felt like a Monday, Thank God it's Friday tomorrow! Over and out.

Proverb of the day: 'If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.'

No comments:

Post a Comment