Most days are fine... Some day's are amazing, yet there are few days in between all the 'normality' that get us feeling a little down, empty, alone, lost, and scared that we may not be doing it right. Doing what right? Life... as we know it. Or 'think' we know it. What do you want to be when you grow up changes from 'an astronaut' at 10 years of age to 'successful' at 18 years to eventually the same tune that everyone who has experienced and understood how tough life is - 'i want to be happy'. My question is... why aren't we happy now? Why do you want to reach happiness? Is it a place? Is it a group of elements that make you feel happy? Once you have the husband, house, and white picket fence (archaic cliche) do you honestly believe that you will then have every day lived as a happy one? It's impossible. There will always be happy days and there will always be unhappy days. regardless of your set up in life. So why not try and maximize the happy days and reduce the unhappy ones. A good way to start, is to believe that you don't need to wait for it.. funny that? Happiness is being able to do what you love, it's having people around you that you love and love you back, it's doing things that you want to do in life. So if I am already doing these things... am I not already living my dream? Everyone's waiting for their dream to come true.. My life as I know it, is my dream come true.. I don't need to wait for someone to complete my life.. the people I have in it now complete it far beyond my imaginations. I don't need one person to make memories out of life with, I'm lucky I'm getting to make them with a few. So back to my point... am I doing it right? Everyone finds someone, falls in love, gets married, gets a house,has a kid (or two), see less of their friends, see more of their family, then sees less of their family and more of the inside of their own home, then realise they still have 40 odd years to get through before they die... and erm.. end up going... now what? So, I am not doing that.. I am seeing friends, seeing family, going places, working hard, making memories, growing those friendships, and not really waiting for life to happen, but have come to realise that is is happening. Sometimes I feel down and alone, but most days I feel happy and lucky, and definitely not behind.... luckily the people who need to understand that, do... which makes the hard days a little easier and the easy days a blessing....




No comments:
Post a Comment