Cold weather and birthdays called for a lot of baking this past week. Though I enjoy it - which is most likely why I was elected to make all these crazy, tasty sensations - it also served as a fun, time passing distraction.. It started with a batch of brownies, which I decided to drop off with my friends... everyone appreciates chocolate right? Especially chocolate brownies. So that was good..great even! And the next task which was very sneakily decided between myself and my good friend Amish, was to bake a bar one cake for Quinsley's birthday. Well, we've been waiting forever to make this friggin cake, but when does the occasion ever come around where you just randomly bake a cake... other than maybe in my kitchen :) So, there was a birthday, a cake was needed, one made with TLC, and it was the tastiest, richest thing this side of the world. Trying to disguise the fact that we were making a cake and the next day getting the cake lit with candles and into the office was a difficult task. Only because when your hands are full of chocolate - it's quite challenging to text! Ill leave it at that.... Please note - cheesecake was also consumed - the most delicious thing ever! But not at my baking hands.. Last on the mark and in the oven (to date) are the Nutella, choc chip cookies that needed to be made. Well, flip, after 3 batches finally all these effing things are done! It was cool though.. No idea where the evening's gone, but now I'm in bed and my home smells of a bakery... that aside, it's pretty warm too. Oh, they taste delicious by the way.. deliveries on the way tomorrow.. Confectionery always cheers people up.. I like that I can do that... Here are a few pics of the kitchen and cakey vibes...
Happy Birthday Quinsley!! Bar one cake...
Getting my 'bake' on - pineapple juice was for my own thirst quenching :)
The stuff that's gonna make these cookies irresistible!
Nutella Choc chip cookies, difficult to see properly - but taste de'lish!




No comments:
Post a Comment