Thursday, 2 June 2011

Imbalance

There's irony in the fact that whilst my whole world is out of balance...... I am trying to find balance. On a bicycle. Yip, first night I went for an actual ride out on the road bike I have in my possession. It stares at me every time I walk through the front door. But without the energy, will, helmet or time, I have neglected it completely. Last night there were no excuses, well.... with 5 minutes of light left and still no helmet - I kinda did, but in my mind I decided that it needed to be done now or it was never going to happen. Well, it was super fast - I'd like to brag that it was just me, but no.. it really is just that different from any mountain bike riding I've ever done in my life. I was extremely unbalanced - hence the irony. Apparently that takes practice and will sort itself out upon more riding. Cool, noted. Overall, I was having the time of my life! I just wanted to keep going and going, for sure I wanted to ride in the middle of the road like I owned it, coz ideally I'd be moving around in space that was mine to move around in. The BMW X5 that passed me didn't agree with any of that. More efforts will need to be made there, but for a first time, the experience was what I was looking out for - whether it brought about enjoyment, or sweaty panics that lead to me (worst case) riding into a tree, (best case) hmmm this isn't really fun. There's a reason why when you're 5 years old everyone teaches you how to ride a bike.... coz it's fun! And coz it's cool. No one teaches you to run. Coz that's easy right? Well, easy I don't know, but at least I can do it in a straight line. :)

Oh, and my hospital visits quota has been reached for the next few years, so if you think I give any amount of a damn amount you.. please stay healthy and try not to hurt yourself. Thanks..

                     "If there's a better way to do something.... find it"

No comments:

Post a Comment