Monday, 24 October 2011

Hanging Like a Cheap suit

I don't get it... why would you want to wake up with a hangover...? (Assuming you're not 18 and just discovered booze) Here's the even stranger part... Why would you want to wake up with a hangover on a Monday of all days? Also, why does it make sense for say a 35-year old to wake up fresh every day for work coz he takes it seriously, and well because it's normal to be fresh for work, but a 25-year old - if he isn't coming to work hungover sometimes on a Monday or a Friday or a whatever day coz he chose not to get drunk randomly a day before he had a job to do, why is he deemed boring? Or not living? Or becoming old before he age? Surely if you work, no matter your age or demographic or any other the above, we are all expected to perform at the same levels as the rest, which is - to the best of our ability in general? Not the best of our ability on that particular day, otherwise everything would be done half-arsed I imagine. I just don't really get it. There are 2 nights a week where you can lose your mind, your underwear and your car if you felt like that was part of 'living', namely Friday and Saturday. But people still think that random midweek partying and Sunday deck partying is the way to spend your remaining leisure time from the working week. I think then as I look back at yesterday and the way I spent it, with friends and music and cool conversations and laughs (for bizarre reasons at times) There weren't hundreds of people, there wasn't a DJ - 'Yet Ag-en was on stage - which I've started to understand the meaning of behind their name now, and as opposed to a deck there were Moroccan style cushions and pillows everywhere to chill. I guess some would debate as to which set up is better, but if you had to ask me about the details of any moment of the day vs someone at the OC of their recollection of all their moments on the Sunday, I'm pretty sure, mine was way more 'memorable' in all meanings of the word. So when I see statuses on my phone of people I know saying how sick they feel today... I can only laugh, coz I wonder whether it was worth it? Problem is I don't think they even remember if it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment