Monday, 17 October 2011

Life: 101

I think it's so strange how we're all meant to live life the 'right' way, and yet with over 6.5 billion people in the world... we're all living it so differently from the next. Simply put - we are all trying to figure out the meaning of life (Riddle of the -, um..... infinity) and while I actually only mean 50%, because 50% don't care to figure it out, aren't smart enough to think in those dimensions, or otherwise believe they have in fact figured it out and are ok with how they're doing it, I am still concerned that a certain majority hasn't risen like a phoenix from the ashes with the 'right' way. Sure you'll get guru's and you'll watch Eat, Pray, Love and read books that explain what the right way is... and I'm sure somewhere far away in India with their fruit diets and no need for sleep and roaming around tranquil gardens with flowing waters and pretty insects - they are 100% convinced that that is what life is essentially about. But my question is... if we all decided one morning to live the guru life, would we end up stuck in an era? There'd be no future developments, almost no going forward as such. Ambition and desires would fall away, as we would want for nothing other than the simple-worldly things that we are blessed with.. water, food from the ground and ultimately inner peace. Seriously!?!!? So I say ok, we can't all live the same... if everyone lived in exactly the same fashion as everyone else.. well I can't even fathom the word that might describe what life would be like.. Too much of one thing can't be good. It doesn't really make sense I think. I guess what I'm trying to say is... aren't we all playing our own individual parts in contributing to living it the 'right' way by doing it differently?

No comments:

Post a Comment