Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Natural Discontent

People are strange. Fact. We have an idea in our minds about how we want things to look, feel and be, and as soon as we come close to having it the way we have theorized and reasoned in our minds, by then we have already thought of all the new ways it could be better. So by nature, we are just always in search of something better, never entirely satisfied, and constantly change our minds. Don't all these elements within, elude us from ever feeling somewhat 'happy' then I wonder... And if so, if everyone just wants to be happy, why do we do things that bring about the opposite? ie seeking more out of everything. Why not go further rather, and understand that yes, I will most likely change my mind, yes I will in time want more and different perhaps and in that.... allow yourself to feel the contentment in what you have, as it is now. So that for now you can feel happy. All you want is vintage vintage vintage for the house you buy one day which isn't far from now, its all about finding the right place and making that step... so you collect items that you would want over the time that you have been living elsewhere. So now you find your dream house and you find that the furniture you have is no longer what you want, you have a completely different idea in mind now, ans are 100% in love with that idea. So now what? Did you waste time collecting all those pieces? Did you waste money? Did you waste.... in general.. Or did you not 'waste' anything.... coz during that entire time, it never felt or was a waste until now when you finally knew it wasn't what you needed anymore, in which case, you have played the perfect human role of 'strange' and changed your mind... which you knew you could potentially do.. soo.... in essence, no remorse or regret should be harbored or is worth harboring........ if you understand. Understanding goes a long way, and I think in almost every case in life if you understand something, you can better deal with the things that change or occur. That said, understanding doesn't affect emotion toward something. Disappointment, regret, all those things still exist, I guess it just changes the way you handle it. All I wanted was a white Audi A3, no other car mattered, I knew what I wanted.... or did I? Coz now all I want is an SX2000. So in theory we don't 'know' what we want our bicycle or house or whatever to look like and be forever.... but we do know now how we'd like it now... Guess Im trying to tell myself that I understand..... and So I get that people who aren't happy with what they have now, will never be, because they already possess that bigger better theory when they reach their goals.. We need to learn to be happy now, with what we have now. Coz that's all we have and know. The future.....we dont.






No comments:

Post a Comment