Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Switzerland

There are few words but many pictures I have to show you the beauty that is... Switzerland. I promise you right now, if I could live anywhere or at the very least retire somewhere out of South Africa... Switzerland would be my choice. Though we didn't stay and explore Switzerland itself as a country, we had the best experience one could ask for, which was living it up in a log cabin at the foot of the Swiss Alps. Take every postcard you've seen and imagine it x1000 - you're still nowhere near... so Lauterbrunnen was where the Topdeck site was situated, and this was a stunning little village where you can see nothing beyond the mountains. We had our first real party eve, which was just literally about dancing.. we danced til we couldnt anymore. It was a little bar and dancefloor with wooden beams and drink coasters singed my thousands all dangling form the roof... it was such a 'tour feel' vibe, we all just had stated getting to become friendly with one another, having only been in Paris before this, so was a cool way to come together for sure. The one crazy part was when I had decided I'd had enough it was shower time, and to shower in Lauterbrunnen at our camp site..... it's 50 euro cents for 3 minutes of hot water. So I left my cabin, upstairs and into the changing rooms and showers - all communal for the girls and got ready to shower, only to find that the machine to activate the hot water only takes a 50 cent piece, no change for 1 euro. fuck. So being surrounded by half drunk females coming to the bathroom and others just not really interested in my sad story, (coins were hard to come by believe you, me) I decided to take the brave step and put the cold tap on... yip.. first night in the Swiss Alps - 1x ice cold shower. Thank God it was Summer.. Else there's have been frozen bits for sure. Hahaha.

Oh Swiss love, so many cool things to tell, but yeah, I don't have all the time to put it here. Some pics to give an idea...



Beautiful scenery every direction you look


Picture taken from my log cabin


In the village of Lauterbrunnen


Swiss Alps!


The topteck busses all stationed at our campsite


The Bread and Cheese Fondue! Was de'lish.. tasted like it has wine in though... haha, might have been a sneaky recipe.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment