Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Brakes

So it took a while, but at long last ...... white brakes. As my luck would have it, they were only available to me a little later than the time I actually needed them for. Why is it that Murphy takes a sick pleasure in creating such scenarios. Anyway, it didn't matter because there's be plenty opportunity for me to roll out with a piece of the missing puzzle finally in full view of everyone, and not just my mind's eye... Well few things have happened since my bike building escapades started... and lets just say that for some time now, I've pretty much been left to my own devices when it comes to fixing, sorting and building. Trust me... this is the fun part! Until such time that you are a tad confused about how to add this new part to your already-in-motion bicycle. Well long story short, I have half of the front brake on (well its half complete) and have not yet done the rear. I was first trying to figure out how how the hell just to remove the old brake - which bolt to unscrew... hmmm... it took a good few minutes, a cup of tea and relooking at the bike all over to discover that I in fact just needed to untighten the allen key in the frame. Well didn't I feel like an idiot then....? At least I was alone.............. (Sometimes that's not depressing, and actually reputation saving), haha....though I have just hereby, ruined that save. :/ Sweet, so out with the old and in with the new... brake on, grease all over my friggin hands from the headset. I don't love that. Keeps happening. Loose headset, too tight headset... well... left to own devices I said = dirty girl hands. Anyway so now I'm stuck at the part where I need to slide a wire through another little section and clamp that shit.. but the fitting makes sense on the old brake... the new one is different, and different means I'm not sure how to tackle it. I'm thinking about taking it to a bike shop to just fit them, but then I'd be giving in... and I don't give in until I honestly believe I can't do it........... 

Here's a little glimpse anyway :) PS - just shorting pink brake pads. soon though... 



No comments:

Post a Comment