Some days are up... some days are down. But I have learnt that for every action there is a reaction... for every word said, well... they cannot be said in vain.. because what is said - is heard and understood. So if you have nothing nice to say - don't say it if you believe that it'll affect an end result to which you care about. Rather choose your words carefully, don't say a word, or when you do, make sure it's always a 'truth' even if it is just 'I hope you are having a great day' or something random like that... it needs to be truthful that that's what I really hope. Otherwise plain and simple - leave it out.. No need to get ahead of yourself and overcompensate and over talk and at the same time too, no need to not say a word and say too little when you'd rather have said more. Being truthful in your words and actions with people is just so powerful when it comes to 'after' the fact. So ya, I guess we talk more with some, less with others, none with some... as long as the balance is a honest reflection of yourself and your ideas and feelings toward these people, then in theory... you should feel better about yourself. Like my boss, I should probably talk to him more... but he's hardly ever available, and the rep in cape town - I often wonder how she's doing, and think of things I need to tell her, but I don't... then there are those who I feel like I'm talking to all the time, which a lot of the time isn't really necessary... So ya, just working on the balance. Time and effort to the levels they deserve in my mind.. And by deserve I mean given the relationship between myself and them. Whether it be family, work or friend.... I think we'd just feel a lot better if those things were right. So... working on 'balance' with that.. and that said..............................

No comments:
Post a Comment