hum·ble
/ˈhəmbəl/ Adjective
---- Having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance.
Allow yourself to be in situations where you are humbled. ie, hang out with people who will teach you things, who's values you admire, who's words you think might teach and not just bore, because it seems pointless. You don't always know better. I don't always know better. I think I do sometimes as well - with certain people. ie my mom. She is a classic case of my person I need to learn to humble myself around. I believe i know better and more the right way to everything vs what she knows or could help me with. So how will I humble myself with her and the others I think I know better than? Easy -When I talk to her, I am going to start asking things where I KNOW for a fact she may have an answer I don't. Or an experience that I have no idea the feeling of etc. That way I can be humble in her response. Because at that point I truly don't or shouldn't have the right to think I know better. I don't. So if you find yourself not talking to someone anymore or getting into something with them or whatever the case may be, maybe you belittle them because they are saying something stupid etc. Allow the conversation to happen by being in one where you don't know the answer.....
We can't live on soap boxes with people we care about... It's not worth it. It makes them feel not needed, as though they have nothing to offer the relationship or friendship because every opinion is overruled by theirs, or they never say ' i need your help' or I need to know something.... etc. People like to feel needed. But that aside, it's a good thing to allow yourself to be humbled... arrogance is ugly. Confidence is awesome. But no one knows everything... so let's just chill and allow for everyone to give opinions... they matter to the people giving them... so yeah. Trying not to forget that my side as well.. Just stuff on my mind... Writing about it is easier than finding some poor soul to discuss it with that might not want to. Hahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment