Was what I said when I was asked to be a part of the next beach event this month... The Zsports 3 beaches took place on Sunday (mostretardedcolddayeverrrr) Basically Kirsty was swimming 1.6km from Pollock to Hobie beach, out and back in to Humewood beach - 0.8km, and out and back in to finish up and Kings beach where she'd tag me and I'd run 3km's back to Pollock from the shore - up onto the cyclist's path. It was chillo's but really... I had the easiest thing to do ever, so I was fine, but the sea swim was a nightmare. People were finishing the event with looks that resembled the Ironman finish. They had to swim in total 3.5kms AGAINST the current and the wind and temperature and so many factors apparently made for a seriously tough, shitty swim. One woman pulled out.. .Funnily enough she'd done the Ironman the weekend before, so she was pretty confident in rank to say "I don't need to put myself through this shit" She pulled out after the first leg swearing her head off. So kudos to the rest who did it. I'd never in my life.................. ever... did I say ever? So then anyway I ran back to Pollock, once Kirst was out - easiest run of my life, My running's ok at the moment. Better than it's ever been really. Not sure how it happened, but for short distances I've managed to get my vibe right. Cool I guess.
Trying to keep up with a lot of different things to pass the time, spend the time, use the time?? Who knows, (as usual) hahaha. But Saturday was my first actual 'ride' - 27km down to charlo - sardinia and back through walmer heights and home, it felt really cool. It's always fun when you're nervous about doing something and when you get into it, it's cooler than you actually imagined it to be. So that's kind of where my mind's at, at the moment, and as you can see (or hear), haha.... it seems to be working out :) Here's to more of those vibes... couple pics from Sunday on the beach :)



No comments:
Post a Comment