Monday, 16 May 2011

Weekend life

Annoying:
Rolling up to a four-way stop at the exact same time as someone else
Even more Annoying:
The 'no you go', 'no you go', scenario that unfolds and lasts for about 5 minutes which leads to you both deciding to go at the same time and slam on breaks when you realise this.
Annoying:
Driving the wrong way down a one-way road
Even more Annoying:
Everyone screaming at you as though you had decided to commit suicide, and your choice of method was to drive the wrong way down a road and take a couple people with you.
Annoying:
Polite drivers at traffic circles
Even more Annoying:
Being behind the polite driver and almost rear-ending him because he decides to stop mid-circle to let someone else in at random

Apparently if you're a runner you have to use cool lingo, like 'PB' and 'sub 60' I personally don't see the point, unless I've been doing my best time every single time I run and I have become so tired of using the phrase 'personal best' and have now resorted to abbreviating the word. I guess now you also need to follow with the phrase 'I did a sub 60', coz just telling someone the time you did it in gets people looking all confused and trying to the then figure out how many minutes a km you actually ran, realising then that they aren't that great at maths, continuing to try and figure it out, until I yell, I did a sub 60 and everyone goes "Aaaaaah," And only then comes the 'Well done' I want a well done when I cross the finish line damnit! Boy competition has escalated.. But it's good and it's healthy, but often times, quite funny :) Well by now you might have guessed that I did my best time thus far for a 10km which was under an hour and it was a crazy route, so only better can come from this point on. We'll see. So this weekend was once again, really cool, aside from the entry to my post which you can tell were a few things that really peeved me whilst on the road. These things also occur on a more-often-than-not basis, so I needed to make mention of it.. Else I was going to develop proper road rage.. the vent releases all my driving frustrations, venting in general releases frustrations..!

All in all  it involved being surrounded by running, cycling, cars and good food, friends and more good times... It's what weekends really are all about.. Short week, the best weekend still to come... watch this space! KHC2011

No comments:

Post a Comment