So I went down to register for the Spar Ladies Run taking place this Saturday. I have been doing a lot of running and it's going well, all leading up to the event in July - the Knysna Forest Marathon. Anyway, 4th year taking part in Spar Race, where every year you get a T-shirt and every year there a roughly 1000 smalls and 10000 larges. I have an issue with this. So all the 'size small' t-shirt people have to be given a large t-shirt because most people who run this race aren't regular runners. In fact they're probably the type of people, who after the race, go to Macdonalds over the road and order a 5 English breakfast muffins and a large coke, to... wait for it.. 'reward themselves'. So I'm stuck with a large, though I don't really run in T-shirts - well big baggy ones anyway, so I guess a sleep size top is more comfy in a large. So even though in a round about way I have ended up with something 'more useful' at that size, I still have an issue by principal.. Coz some people like to run in T-shirts, this gripe is for them. Oh we also got a goodie bag, which consisted of muesli, something else healthy and a pkt of Big Korn Bites (for the not-so-regular runners). Thaaaaaaanks Spar! Looking forward to the run nonetheless. It's a huge event, roads are already closed and I'm looking to better my time once again.. Here's hoping!

No comments:
Post a Comment