Monday, 25 July 2011
Ultra-odd...
If it's not bad enough that people feel the need to post pictures of their very own ultrasound on facebook, (which subjects me to visual nausea), family members of the 'mother-to-be' have now taken on this trend. There's always the initial 'Oh my God, so and so is pregnant?????????' But then the very comforting affirmation of the fact that the tagline reads 'my soon to be nephew' lets me breathe out a sigh of relief. Once my breathing is regulated the realisation kicks in that this person is nuts. Not only am I having to stare at an unborn baby on my screen whilst taking a bite of my long awaited sandwich (not ideal), I'm staring at an unborn baby of someone I don't even know! I mean, are you joking with me? Seriously people, those ultrasound pictures are not something other people want to see. Maybe I'm alone in this, I don't know. It's already funny enough that people are able to refer to 2 days of wrinkly flesh as 'adorable' when it's someone elses, but to now expect responses of 'oooh' and 'aaah' at a picture of what appears to be black and white noise with the slight possibility of making out what the head might be. Coz all those people who say you 'can see the nose, and the ear?' WTF? Do have superior vision goggles on something? You can't see shit. Anyway, that should be the Dr's and the mother-to-be's problem to figure out. Long story short.. enough with the ultrasounds people.. it's. just. plain. strange.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment